Tuesday 22 October 2013

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas*.....

(*At least when you are into card-making!)

Hello again!!!!

It's raining today.... so to cheer myself up I went on a mini shopping spree to the Craft Shop! I don't really need the "it was raining" excuse though ... I go when it's raining, sunny, snowing. windy... I doesn't really matter!

I needed to top up on my card stock as I was running out of certain colours. But of course, I couldn't just buy card stock... I had to take a look at the dies and stamps!!!! (to my husbands frustration!). So I also got the "Tim Holtz Alterations Torn Notebook Die" and some paper lace doilies...  The shop has a little table with all the sale items, loads of them all mixed up, where you really need to go through everything, moving around stuff to find something you like... and I found a lovely mini stamp with a quote on it. This will be great to stamp as a sentiment on the cards!
I can wait to use all the great stuff I got today!


And the purpose of this post... I want to show you a card! 

This time I've gone for the Vintage theme.... I've used this lovely Mo's Digital Pencil digi stamp. It's called "Santa Kai". Isn't he lovely? 

I stamped the sentiment and the "Seasons Greetings" stamp in brown, and I used the Tim Holtz Distress ink in Antique linen around the edges. 

The big stars are hand-made, and I used my Joy Crafts snowflake die to create the snowflake.

The paper I used is from the Desert Blooms collection by First Editions Paper. 


I coloured the image with my promarkers. I tried to colour it in a "vintage way" (my own method, still learning!) so I added some yellows to the red clothing to give it the "faded" look. 
For the Santa suit I used: Slate, Poppy, Antique Pink and Buttermilk with the blender pen.
For the pyjama bottoms I used Sandstone and I used the blender pen to fade the colour. The same with the present and the ribbon...I decoupaged the present and added some colouring over it.



I have entered this card in the following challenges:


If you like this card, don't forget to let me know by leaving a comment. 
And If you like my blog and don't want to miss a post, please follow me using the Bloglovin' and/or Google + buttons on the side bar.

Thank you for taking a look. Until next time!!!!



16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - love the colours and sweet image and what a wonderful snowflake! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week. Karon, DT Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment! glad to sharing my cards with you!

      Delete
  2. Too cute Mirella! Love your design so much and papers are so beautiful!

    Thanks for joining us at Mo's Challenge blog this week!
    Hugs, Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable Mirella, Love this cute image and your colouring is wonderful. Love the papers, perfect for the Vintage feel.
    Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment, Mau!

      Delete
  4. Fabulous Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at Here Comes the Boys challenge good luck
    Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny! I'm looking forward to making more boy cards!

      Delete
  5. Nice card Mirella! Thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl October Colour Challenge, best of luck, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! looking forward to more challenges!

      Delete
  6. Another really pretty card. Thanks for joining us again at TG.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I really like the image and the layout.
    Thank you for joining us at HCTB challenge and good luck.
    Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment Becky!
      Mirella

      Delete
  8. Brilliant card, thanks for playing along at Here come the Boys Brown & Cream Christmas Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa!!!! I enjoyed making this card so much!
      Mirella

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...